About Me

Subscribe now!Feeds RSS

Friends

Monday, December 15, 2008

A Beanie: Finally

2 comments



Why post this creepy picture of me in a hat?

This picture represents the end of a journey. It has been a tireless search. At the GAP, to RDFL, through the hills to Nordstrom, and down the slopes to the designer stores in the Meatpacking District. For nearly three years I have been looking for some kind of hat to keep my head warm. Call it a tuque, a cap, or a beanie...it doesn't matter, I needed one. My ears and bald head cannot survive without one.

So why was it such a journey you ask? Well, on each stop of my journey my fellow travelers would tell me that the hat I placed on my head made me look phallic. That's right, my wife, best friend, and brother would actually look me in the face and laugh as they describe the six foot tall male genital that they see in the mirror.

Needless to say, Saturday morning as I wondered the Union Square Christmas Market, I found the pictured beanie. As I placed it on my head, I anticipated the same finger pointing laughter. Instead, Taryn responded with a smile, and a "thats not so bad."

So please join me and my warm ears as we celebrate warmth that phallically speaking is "not so bad".

Thanks to all of you who have helped along the way.

Comments
2 comments
Do you have any suggestions? Add your comment. Please don't spam!
Subscribe to my feed
benjamin said...

two things...

the photo that showed up in my reader was different than the photo on your actual blog. i feel fortunate for seeing two marvelous photos.

secondly... think what you like about the hat-but the contrast between that lime green wall and b+w photo is phenomenal. well done shappells!

alaine11 said...

Normally I agree with a woman's point of view when it comes to dressing her man. It's a struggle to keep you looking good. However, I'm sorry Taryn, I'm not with you on this one.

Having dated a Canadian for the last year, I've heard the word toque weekly. Note the Canadians spell it 'toque' instead of the French spelling 'tuque'. They hate Quebec. I digress.

My point is that I have yet to see a toque that looks good. I'm thinking if you're going to wear one, you should also invest in what the Canadians call Thunder Bay dinner jackets. Those are the plaid flannel jackets that are usually red/black/white but they're expanding their color (or should I say colour) choices as of late.

In fact, I think you should have gone completely Canadian and bought one of the hats with ear flaps.

Your Great Grandmother was from Ontario, so I'm sure you're getting in touch with your inner Canuck. Sorry, but you still look phallic to me. :)

Post a Comment