About Me

Subscribe now!Feeds RSS

Friends

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Locatedness: The Earth

0 comments

Uh oh. Jarrod's getting hippy on us.

What can I say, I have been washing out my milk cartons and composting food for almost three years now. Seattle changed me. In fact, as I write this I am eating off a bamboo plate with a pair of stainless steel chopstix. Not really.

Clearly where we live has implications for our relationship with the earth. While I wish I could give you a calculated maximum carbon footprint for the Shappell household, we don't take it quite that seriously. You won't find us protesting the big five oil companies or reading Hot, Flat, and Crowded but we do have some preferences.

Taryn and I love walking and taking public transit. We love eco-minded cultures and their commitment to the earth and natural beauty. We'd love one car. We hate waste. Especially Taryn. That girl won't throw away anything. We value recycling. We even bring our own grocery bags, people.

Perhaps we can live this lifestyle in any city, but I imagine it is more difficult to walk around LA than it is Chicago. Ya know?

Just another thing to consider.

Comments
0 comments
Do you have any suggestions? Add your comment. Please don't spam!
Subscribe to my feed

Post a Comment