About Me

Subscribe now!Feeds RSS

Friends

Monday, February 9, 2009

Locatedness: A Decision

0 comments

Taryn and I have lived in Manhattan for almost 7 months. It has been a glorious 7 months, but believe it or not Taryn’s program ends in 3 months and we will be kicked out of student housing and onto the streets of Manhattan.

Thus, we have a decision to make. Will we stay in NY? Move closer to home? Move for jobs? All of these questions are unanswered at this time and the weight of this decision sits heavy on our hearts.

Let me also say that we know what a privilege it is to have a choice. We truly feel blessed to have the education level, the support, the health, and the many other things that allow us to have a choice. Choice is often a privilege, and we do not take it lightly.

All of that said, Taryn and I are in agreement that it is imperative to have a place-ology. In today’s mobile, transient, globalized culture it is important that we are intentional about where we live, why we live there, and how we will live once there.

So for the next week or more I will be posting some of the issues we are currently wrestling with. You may disagree with what I say, find them insignificant, or think we should just stop moving and commit to something. Either way, I would love for you to engage the issues of locatedness with us. Many of you are considering what is next, when you should start a family, if you should move back home, etc. I hope that by me sharing our process you can find a part of your own evolving place-ology.

Honestly, this is a part of our prayer.

Comments
0 comments
Do you have any suggestions? Add your comment. Please don't spam!
Subscribe to my feed

Post a Comment