About Me

Subscribe now!Feeds RSS

Friends

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Vocation

1 comments

"Vocation does not come from willfulness. It comes from listening. I must listen to my life and try to understand what it is truly about - quite apart from what I would like it to be about - or my life will never represent anything real in the world, no matter how earnest my intentions. That insight is hidden in the word vocation itself, which is rooted in the Latin for 'voice.' Vocation does not mean a goal that I pursue. It means a calling that I must hear. Before I can tell my life what I want to do with it, I must listen to my life telling me who I am."

- Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Comments
1 comments
Do you have any suggestions? Add your comment. Please don't spam!
Subscribe to my feed
Derrick Fudge said...

If by "life" you mean me, I would love to tell you what to do with your life.

Post a Comment